Tom has been a speaker, panelist, and moderator for some of the most prestigious conferences, universities, and organizations worldwide. He can present a wide range of journalism and communications topics targeting your specific needs and goals.
A sample of topics can include:
- How to select a winning multimedia team and create a culture where multimedia
- How to develop and plan your message using the most creative video, audio,
and still photography elements to create storytelling that engages your audience.
- How to use social networking and digital communication tools available to engage
and retain your audience (Blogs, Facebook, Twitter feeds, Podcasts, mobile
applications, Wikis, etc.).
- How ever-changing audience demographics and new imaging technology and digital platforms impact your visual communications strategy.
Representative Speaking Engagements:
- Harvard University, Nieman Foundation
- SND-E’s Malofiej Conference, Pamplona, Spain
- University of Guadalajara, Digital Media Conference
- Knight Center for International Media
- Syracuse University
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- Washington Network Group
- Association for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication
- American Press Institute
- International Center of Photography
- Associated Press Managing Editors
- National Press Club
- Visa Pour L’Image Photojournalism Festival
- National Press Photographers Association
- Online News Association
- The Poynter Institute
- World Press Organization